Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The "Leftover" Desk

The Garage Sale 
"Leftover" 
Desk
Most days you will find me in the garage painting or outside sanding. My neighbors have come to know me for this. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not.
Well last Sunday was one of those good things. Our neighbor was was collecting her sign at the end of the street from her garage sale and stopped to ask if we wanted her
"leftover" furniture. 5 bucks, everything she had she wanted only 5 bucks! How could I pass that up??
And this is what I got:


How could she not sell this???
Was I the only one who could see the potential?
Apparently so!
I am so thankful she thought of me, someone who could turn her leftovers into something new.
Here is how she turned out:


I knew she needed a matching chair.
I purchased two matching chairs at an auction a while back and thought with some new fabric it would be a perfect match.
The chair alone cost four times what I paid for the desk!!
Here is a Before & After of the chair:



 And how they all came together
(the fabric is a sneek peek of the China Cabinet I am almost finished with)










I think it was well worth the buy!





UPDATE:
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment