Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Milk Paint Buffet

Milk Paint...
Worth it or not??

Say hello to my new buffet :)
It's been awhile since I finished a piece for my own house so I was excited to get to work on it. I had just purchased two colors of Milk Paint to test out, pearl and french gray. I have heard nothing but rave reviews so here was my chance to give it a whirl. 

Here is my list of Pros and Cons:
               Pros                                             Cons
Good selection of colors                     Doesn't cover much area
Dries super fast                                   Expensive (spent $30)
Can do several coats in a day             Dries grainy/rough
"Prep" work is minor                          Too much sanding afterwards
                                                            It smells  
                                                        
Overall it wasn't too terribly bad to work with. I did a lot of bad mouthing it while I was working though. It seemed like way too much work for the price spent. I am not too sure if I will work with it again. I know everyone seems to love it but I just don't get it. To me using a homemade "chalk paint" is much easier and super inexpensive and has pretty much the same look.

I will say this though, in the end, I am pleased with how it turned out. Not at all what I imagined I wanted in my dining room but it has now become that piece I will decorate around. So Yay!!





Now that I have a focal piece I can finish my dining room table and find wall colors!! 





                                 





No comments:

Post a Comment